Creating a site right from scratch can be a pain. You need to come up with an idea, a design, content, images, and a lot more. This takes a long long time. However, with the Starter Templates plugin, you can save a lot of time by importing readymade sites that can be tweaked a little and made into your own.
You can have a look at the beautiful library of Starter Templates for Ready to Import Websites.
In this library, a few templates do not have any tag – these templates are available for free. While some templates have a ‘Premium’ tag – these templates are available with Astra premium packages – Growth Bundle or the Essential Bundle.
How Does that work?
Step 1: Starter Templates can be accessed using the Starter Templates plugin.
For accessing free websites, download the “Starter Templates” plugin from the WordPress repository. If you need access to websites tagged as “Premium”, you will need to install the Premium Starter Templates plugin which comes with Growth Bundle or the Essential Bundle.
Step 2: Install the plugin as any normal WordPress plugin. Activate it.
Step 3: Once activated, you’ll find a new menu under appearance menu: Appearance -> Starter Templates
Step 4: Under this tab, you will find all the ready sites.
Step 5: Click on a site you wish to use. You will see a preview of the site with some additional details. You will also be prompted to install the plugins that are used in a site. Simply click on install and these plugins will get automatically installed on your website.
Step 6: Once you install & activate these, you can see the “Import site” button, by clicking on which you can import the site into your website.
Step 7: Click on “Import this site” button which will make your website, just like ours in a few seconds by importing some of the things as below from our server to your website –
- All Pages
- All Posts
- WordPress Menus
- Customizer Settings
- Settings of Required Plugins for the particular site.
- Media files like images, etc.
Some Notes –
- Though not required, it is a good idea to import a site on a fresh WordPress installation. If you would like to reset your current WordPress installation to make it like a fresh, brand new website, you may use a plugin like this.
- Need to import Starter Templates on an existing website? Read this article.
- Though we try to use free and non-copyrighted images in all of the ready Starter Templates, we cannot take the legal responsibility. We recommend you replace the images after importing.
- Astra Sites Plugin has two variations. The first version is free and hosted on the WordPress.org repository, and you can use that to import all free sites. Whereas, our customers who have bought the Growth Bundle or Essential Bundle, have an access to the premium sites after activating the license.
Search Keywords: Demos, Premium Sites, Starter Templates.